Chocolate Tea Benefits
Tips & Tricks
No 1: CRUSH - If you crush up your tea packet into the smallest pieces you can, the more edges you have the more flavour gets released and less you have to use.
No 2: EXPIRY DATE - Although we do have an expiry date on our product, did you know it will last an extra year longer if it has been stored properly! Wow
No 3: AMOUNT- Did you know the perfect amount for a cup of tea is 4 grams and above.
No 4: STORAGE - Moths love our tea, they will find its smell from anywhere in the house. Make sure your box or bag is sealed.
No 5: ICED TEA - You CAN have chocolate iced tea, brew it up as normal and pop it in the fridge we do suggest a sweetner though as it does go bitter gradually.
No 6: FLAVOURS - You can ad any flavor you like to get a different taste.
How to Prepare your cup
Once you open your packet you can smell the great aroma of Chocolate.
1. Place 2 teaspoons into your Tea Bag Filter provided, Strainer or TeaPot
2. Sink it into your RicoCoco's Glass Tea Cup (available in our online store)
3. Brew for 3-5 Minutes depending on how heavy on flavour you would like.
4. Add 1 Teaspoon of Sweetener or Sugar if you would like the Chocolate Block taste.
5. Fold your Loose Tea Packet, keep in a box or a tin & in a cool dry place.
6. Sit back and enjoy the Great Aroma, with the amazing chocolate taste left on the palate.
7. ICED CHOCOLATE TEA. After the steps above place it in the fridge and it will last up to 3 days. We reccommend adding sweetner/sugar or a flavour of orange peel or mint leaf etc
Process of Cacao Tea
In Peru we have a number of small family owned plantations that we work with, along with one of our own. Depending on whats available at the time. Usually after the harvest the pods will be cracked open and they start to ferment the beans. They are then roasted by hand at temperatures over 110 degrees and de-shelled. The Insides create the Nibs & Powder and used in Peru to make the most amazing Chocolate Bars and Pastes. The Shells are left over and sent to us by very expensive air mail. And here we all are drinking the most amazing tea in the world packed full of Antioxidants and Magnesium from half way around the world.